PLEASE SCROLL THROUGH THIS PAGE TO FIND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT PHARMACY VACCINE CLINICS AND COLUMBIA COUNTY VACCINE CLINICS
NOTICE: Under normal circumstances when vaccine supply is received as expected, new POD appointment registration links will be posted each week on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings between 10am-11am.
PLEASE understand that on rare occasions due to weather conditions, vaccine supply delays, time restraints or other circumstances beyond our control, a link may be posted on a different day or time.
CCDOH POD Registrations:
1. THE LINK BELOW IS FOR 65+ ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT 65+ AND YOU REGISTER FOR THIS CLINIC, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELLED
March 3, 2021 – 9:00am-4:00pm
65+ Vaccination Clinic Registration – 500 Capacity
2. THE LINK BELOW IS FOR COMORBIDITIES ONLY AND YOU NEED A DOCTOR NOTE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMORBIDITY AND YOU REGISTER FOR CLINIC, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELLED.
March 4, 2021 – 10:00am-12:00pm
Comorbidities Only Registration – 100 Capacity
The Columbia County Department of Health (CCDOH) is committed to providing the COVID-19 Vaccine to every person who resides and/or works in our county. However, the very small amount of vaccine provided to us each week is beyond our control. Since information has been changing so rapidly, please check back for any updates or changes.
Number of Vaccinations by CCDOH:
1st Shot: As of March 1, 2021 – 2,732
2nd Shot: As of March 1, 2021 – 1,915
AFTER RECEIVING BOTH VACCINE SHOTS:
- As announced on February 11, 2021, the CDC and NYS report that asymptomatic fully vaccinated individuals’, meaning those who have received both shots and at least two weeks have passed since the second shot, are no longer required to quarantine if exposed within 90 days after the second shot.
- IMPORTANT: People are reminded, even after receiving both shots of the vaccine, it is important to continue with coronavirus safety measures – wearing a face mask, frequent hand washing, and physical distancing – to stop the spread of COVID-19.
VACCINE INFORMATION, APPOINTMENTS & PODS:
- CCDOH is able and ready to give the vaccine to a large number of people when it’s provided by the Federal Government/NYS.
- So far, an adequate number of 2nd shot vaccine doses have been provided and this effort is going well.
- As the supply of vaccine is provided by the Federal Government/NYS, CCDOH will use both website appointment registration links and Focused PODs when needed. Both the website registration and Focused PODs are conducted as designated by NYS within the Vaccine Phases Distribution Categories. ONLY those people eligible for the specific vaccine POD may register for a vaccine appointment.
- Under normal circumstances when vaccine supply is received from NYS as expected for category eligible people, new website POD appointment registration links will be posted each week on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings between 10am-11am. PLEASE understand that on rare occasions due to weather conditions, vaccine supply delays, time restraints or other circumstances, there may be times that require a link be posted on a different day or time.
- 1A category health care and group home workers should contact their employer to arrange to receive the vaccine from a health care provider.
- To see a list of 1A & 1B eligibility go to: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/phased-distribution-vaccine
- For local COVID-19 information translated in various languages visit the Columbia County Board of Supervisors home page: https://www.columbiacountyny.com “Translate Website” upper right corner.
COMORBIDITY ELIGIBLE PEOPLE:
- To be eligible to receive the vaccine as of February 15, 2021, individuals with comorbidities are strongly encouraged to contact their doctor (now) for the letter of proof they will need to receive the shot.
- “Everyone will need a letter,” said Director Mabb. “Absolutely no one will receive the shot without the proper documentation from their doctor.”
- CCDOH plans to schedule focused PODs for individuals with comorbidities. Please check back for more information.
- For a full list of comorbidities that qualify for the vaccine as required by NYS go to: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-new-yorkers-comorbidities-and-underlying-conditions-can-make.
- NYS has recently directed that CCDOH will again be provided vaccine for people 65+.
- Additionally, The Federal government/NYS have directed that pharmacies will be the primary provider of the COVID vaccine for 65+ people.
- 65+ people are encouraged to also check with their local pharmacy to determine when they will have vaccine appointments available. For pharmacies providing the vaccine in the Capital Region area go to: https://capitalregionalrx.com/vaccination/. Specific pharmacies will have their own way to register or make an appointment to get the vaccine. This is not done through CCDOH.
- 65+ people (or ANY eligible county resident who is home-bound) who can not travel to a pharmacy or POD, or has no access or someone who can assist them with accessing the internet, may call the Columbia County COVID-19 Vaccine Information Line: 518-697-5560, Monday – Friday 9am-4pm. Your information will be taken for possible future mobile POD operations. If you are contacted by a pharmacy or can otherwise obtain the vaccine, you should DO IT. Please don’t feel you have to wait to be contacted by Columbia County, since this may not happen if pharmacies are required to have a plan for visiting homes.
- If you are a veteran and are (or even if not) a member of Hudson Valley or Albany VA health system, you can obtain information about getting the vaccine from your VA health care provider or from the VA COVID-19 Vaccine Information page: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/. The Hudson Valley VA has set up a COVID-19 Vaccine Line 1-845-838-7668.
NY ALERT COVID-19 Vaccine Information Email:
Columbia County has expanded the use of the NY ALERT mass notification system to include a public information category. This addition will allow people to receive general COVID-19 Vaccine Information. The information provided is non-emergency general information which will be sent via email to those who subscribe to NY ALERT and request COVID-19 Vaccine Information. For details on how to subscribe to this FREE service or alter an existing account visit https://www.columbiacountynyhealth.com/news/ny-alert-covid-19-vaccine-information/
OTHER VACCINE LOCATIONS IN THE CAPITAL DISTRICT AREA: You may also contact the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-697-4829 or https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ to register for the vaccine in the Capital District area. You must understand that by calling the state hotline or registering via the website to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine, you may have to travel somewhere outside of Columbia County to receive it.
COVID-19 VACCINE FRAUD: New Yorkers who suspect fraud in the vaccine distribution process can now call 833-VAX-SCAM (833-829-7226) toll-free or email the state Department of Health at STOPVAXFRAUD@health.ny.gov.
Local Pharmacies that have applied to Federal government/NYS to distribute COVID-19 vaccine:
Hannaford – Route 9, Valatie
Hannaford – Route 82 & 9H, Hudson
Price Chopper – Route 66, Chatham
ShopRite – Route 9, Hudson
Walgreens – Fairview Ave., Hudson
Walgreens – Coleman St., Chatham
Walmart – Fairview Ave., Hudson
To check for pharmacies giving the vaccine in the Capital Region: https://capitalregionalrx.com/vaccination/
CVS Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccine Info.: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=coronavirus-lp-vaccine-hero#statetool
ShopRite Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccine Info.: https://www.shoprite.com/pharmacy/
Walgreens Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccine Info.: https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
NYS Dashboard: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-vaccine-tracker
CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Info.: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html
Media Releases from the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors: https://www.columbiacountyny.com/
NY ALERT COVID-19 Vaccine Information: https://www.columbiacountynyhealth.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-information/
PDF – COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet: https://www.columbiacountyny.com/emo.html
Download the Columbia County Health Department mobile app: https://apps.myocv.com/share/