Notice to All Campers:
From: Columbia County Department of Health (CCDOH)
325 Columbia Street, Suite #100, Hudson NY 12534
518-828-3358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staying Safe While Camping During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The Columbia County Department of Health understands that camping provides families an opportunity to relax and reconnect with nature. However, in order to help ensure the health and safety of other campers and the surrounding communities during the COVID-19 pandemic campers are asked to abide by these new guidelines…
All Campers Must Follow These Rules:
- All campers must provide information at check-in that the Campground Manager needs in order to complete the CCDOH COVID-19 Information Form which is then submitted to CCDOH.
- All campers visiting from outside of the local area are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. No non-essential travel is permitted.
- All campers shall remain at their campsite except for essential needs including medicine, food, medical care or exercise. If you feel sick do not travel for any reason except medical care. You should call ahead to the medical provider before going.
- Campers shall not congregate at another camper’s campsite. No parties of any kind.
- Only campers are allowed into the campground. There shall be no outside visitors allowed into the campground.
- All campers must practice social distancing at all times. No large groups.
- Social distancing and other COVID-19 safety measures will be enforced by the Columbia County Sheriff’s Department or local law enforcement.
*Campers who begin to feel ill with COVID-19 symptoms (fever above 100.4°F, cough or shortness of breath) must self-isolate and contact Columbia County Department of Health at 518-828-3358.
More tips for reducing your risk for COVID-19
- Practice social distancing
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Wipe frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting wipes or other EPA approved disinfectants
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and wash hands immediately after using them.
- Stay away from people who are sick
For more information about the local COVID-19 response please contact Columbia County Department of Health at 518-828-3358. For the latest local info visit our website at www.columbiacountynyhealth.com or like us on Facebook at Columbia County Department of Health.