For Immediate Release: August 21, 2020
ATTENTION ALL COLUMBIA COUNTY GYMS & FITNESS CENTERS:
The State of New York is allowing the re-opening of indoor activities at all gyms and fitness centers beginning on Monday August 24, 2020, with restrictions and are subject to a mandatory inspection of your facility within two weeks of re-opening by the Columbia County Department of Health.
In order to comply with this State mandate, Columbia County is requiring the following application process. All gyms/fitness centers wishing to re-open indoor activities MUST APPLY to do so by sending an email to email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Legal name, address and phone number of the business.
- Town, City, or Village where the business is located.
- Current hours of operation Monday-Friday.
- The name of the legal owner of the business.
- The name of the responsible person(s) at the business who will be ensuring on-going compliance with the requirements of the State mandate.
- Posted legal occupancy limit of the business (prior to the required 33% reduction). If not known, this can be obtained by contacting your local Building Department.
- State whether your gym offers indoor classes and what type. Under the State mandate, the County must approve the offering of indoor classes.
- Proof that you have read and affirmed the New York State Department of Health’s Interim Guidance for Gym’s and Fitness Centers. The document is available here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/Gyms_and_Fitness_Centers_Detailed_Guidelines.pdf You will need to click the link at the end of the document to fill out this form: https://forms.ny.gov/s3/ny-forward-affirmation
- Once you have completed the affirmation form, screenshot it or print the screen and scan it into an attachment to send along with your email.
- CCDOH staff will monitor the applications coming into this email account. When we receive your application and verify that it is complete, we will send a return email with an official go-ahead to open.
Please contact the Columbia County Department of Health at (518) 828-3358 Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm if you have any questions.